shabby blogs design

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Beadboard sign- Dinner Choices

I think I'm falling for beadboard. The problem is that it's hard to find it in smaller usable quanties for crafts. There are ways around this, though. I used a scrap of beadboard that I'd had cut down- after patiently (or not so patiently) waiting for some beadboard to end up in the culled bin at Home Depot, I finally found some- and they will cut it to the size you want. It was just a couple of inches wider than my miter saw could accomodate, so I needed them to cut it for me. Anyhow, back to the sign. I painted the base coat a cream color, let it it dry, and then placed vinyl letters on it. I painted a nice dark chocolate brown over that, and before it dried totally, I used my little Cricut hook tool to peel the letters off. I love this technique- it's kind of fun. After everything was dry, I used some sand paper to rough up the edges and distress the sign just a bit- I tend to not go too wild with the distressing. I tend to be a minimalist with it. I'm debating whether to have this sign sitting in the easel, or whether to add a ribbon hanger. I'm not quite sure yet. I think I'll donate this to our MOPS auction this spring. I hope it will find a taker.

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! Stopping by from the Oopsy Daisy Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea!! I love beadboard and this is so fun for a kitchen! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete